Hi, my name is Vitaly and I am the author of The Resolute Investor. I am glad you found me and thank you for the interest in my blog.
Before I tell you what this blog is about, allow me to introduce myself briefly.
I was born in USSR, raised in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, a small town rich in oil and gas, studied for my Finance degree in the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, and settled in Moscow to pursue my career in investment management field.
In March 2012, my wife and I moved to the United States.
During this time I:
- Have been enjoying traveling around the country and studying American culture.
- Continued my financial education – this part has been the hardest and the most exciting, which has involved reading tons of information, attending conferences, and meeting with experts (I was even fortunate enough to meet Mr. Buffett and Mr. Gates in person).
- Traded US stocks, equity and index options on my family account.
In 2014, I founded Lestna Retirement a Chicago-based retirement plan consulting and financial planning firm. The mission of the company is to help retirement plan sponsors to minimize fiduciary liability, ensure that they offer the best retirement plan possible, and improve retirement outcomes for plan participants.
What is The Resolute Investor About?
Small business owners usually wear many hats and rarely have enough time to plan for their retirement. Instead, they work hard trying to build their business and solely rely on it as a source to fund their nest egg. However, that path makes them vulnerable to unpredictable and negative business scenarios that may arise in the future.
In order to avoid retirement collapse and feel confident in the future, it is essential for business owners and entrepreneurs to start thinking about their future right now! With the help of a financial adviser, some personal efforts, and useful resources, business owners can successfully manage their personal financial life, mitigate risk of failure, and significantly reduce the dependency on the sale of the business to fund retirement. I hope that this site will become one of these resources.
The Resolute Investor is a blog for business owners who are interested in retirement and investing. It is about:
- Encouraging to save for retirement now and invest smartly,
- Motivating business owners to diversify their assets,
- Educating on various retirement options,
- Keeping up to date on retirement news,
- Providing financial insights and helping to avoid costly mistakes.
On this blog, you will not see my advice on what to invest in. I am not a forecaster. If I were I probably wouldn’t be writing this. What you will see here are my insights, commentary, and research on different aspects of retirement and investing life.
I try to keep content as easy to comprehend as possible, but from time to time, you will see some technical, statistics, and data-driven posts. It is by design.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.